Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cajun Tomato Chicken




It's been a long time since my last update. This has due to an odd combination of vacation, busyness, and completely losing my appetite for a week. I almost didn't even get around to it tonight because a choral group I’m in was singing at a modern Latin American music festival. And by singing what I actually mean is humming this really slow, soft, and eerie piece, but nonetheless here I am.


Due to either a lack of imagination, or just plain laziness, or both, I followed a recipe almost exactly when making this tonight. The hallmark of the dish was some blackened Cajun spice blend that I even went ahead and got. Making the dish could not have been easier. The chicken tenderloin pieces were sautéed (I opted for peanut oil), and then the tomatoes and garlic just thrown right in the pan. I had put some salt and pepper and the Cajun spice on the chicken before beginning to cook them, and was generous with the spice again once everything was in the pan. The whole thing was cooked until the tomatoes were semi-soft and then served on top of hot angel hair pasta and topped with crumbled feta cheese. Done. The whole thing took like 20 minutes, and it was fabulous.

No comments: