Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Italian Sausage Fettucini without a Creamy Tomato Sauce



I know. The meal pictured above does not really look that exciting, but somehow I thought it worthy to recieve its own blog post. Well that's because almost all of the time I'm starting from some base recipe. I always make variations, often significant, but the base is always still there. This time however, I was acting on total whim. I was in the grocery store and came across something I had previously believed would never occur. Spicy italian sasuage, was on sale. Finding it impossible to resist, I quickly picked some up and decided I had make something out of it. As I was already at the store, I had nothing but my own ideas to work with.

To be honest, the dish was exceedingly simple, containing only the sausage, tomatoes, onions, garlic, fettucini, and various spices. In fact, it looks very simliar to the very first food I ever posted on here, minus the cream sauce. But somehow it feels important, perhaps because it represents the hope that eventually I'll be able to come up with my own recipes from nothing at all.

No comments: