Monday, October 15, 2007

Chicken Parmigiana



So this is a fancy name for the simple dish of breaded chicken baked in tomato sauce with cheese. Despite its simplicity, the taste is just fantastic. Take notice of that hunk of bread, it's homemade. This was my second attempt at bread from scratch, and I'm getting better. My dough wasn't overly sticky this time, so it made much less of a mess. I think however, that I didn't let it rise all the way the second time before I baked it, so it was a little denser than I anticipated.

So this meal has marked the second consecutive time I’ve managed to cut myself with lids off of cans. The first time was trivial, but this one was not. I somehow managed to get my finger caught between the edge of the lid and the counter with a decent amount of force pushing them together. So it sliced a thin but deep cut that immediately started bleeding like it was nobody's business. This posed a problem because I was right in the middle of cooking, and well, blood wasn't a planned ingredient. So I had to wrap a paper towel around it and tie it up with a shoestring. Pretty nifty eh?



No comments: