Friday, November 30, 2007

Chicken Penne Italiano


I'm not really sure that title means much. All it tells you is that has chicken and penne in it, and is cooked somewhat Italian like? But it does sound pretty cool. Anyway, I was planning on making a different dish, but I decided that, from a health point of view, no matter how good it tasted, it may not be the best idea to have everything I cook contain 2 cups of heavy cream. So I ended up with this. Chicken and veggies sautéed then simmered in chicken broth and diced tomatoes with lots of exciting spices and cooked penne. I'll be the first to admit it doesn't have the rich, awe-inspiring depth of taste of something with a sauce made with heavy cream, but that doesn't mean a light taste can't be delicious. Plus the knowledge that what you're eating isn't going to plug up your arteries has to be worth something. And just look at all those pretty colors.

No comments: